In October of 2018, a group of Vistage Chairs independently put together a ChairVoice Survey to get input from the Chairs on a number of Vistage related topics. 115 Chairs responded, with respective tenures as follows:
- 50% had been with Vistage for at least 15 years.
- 71% had been with Vistage for at least 11 years.
- 90% had been with Vistage for at least 6 years.
A number of topics were covered, including whether Chairs believe their Chair Practice will be Larger and Healthier three years from now.
Q: Will your chair practice by larger and healthier three years from now?
A: Results are as follows:
Here are Some of the More Interesting Comments:
- This new ownership will drive me out.
- Not sure; I am feeling increasingly remote from Vistage.
- All of my efforts are to expand my private practice – non-Vistage business. I debate daily leaving Vistage and starting my groups independently for reasons stated.
- My practice is already in decline due to more chairs burning through prospects and damaging our brand. First time I have struggled to recruit new members.
- I have begun to look for ways to diversify my coaching/mentoring work. Right now 90% of my income comes from Vistage, given the direction and trends it feels imprudent to not seek a more balanced portfolio.
- If I felt that Vistage would contribute to the growth of my groups by giving me strong candidates, the answer would be different.
- My Chair practice has been stable for more than 20 years. It will be the same in another three years, unless Providence makes a bone-headed move that rapidly destroys the value proposition for my members.
- I’m just turned 59 and scaled back from 3 CEO groups and 2 Key groups to ONE Key Group over the last three years in favor of a very robust and exciting CEO/Executive Team/Private Board consulting practice. As a 27-year Vistage member (14 year Vistage CEO member and then a 13 year chair), I’ve been through the five stages of grief over what Vistage has become. I am now at Acceptance. Thus the change in my business plan.
- I am more likely to no longer be a Chair
- Not sure if i will be a chair in 3 years.
- I’m planning to retire.
- I am retiring 12/31/18
- No intention to start any more groups, may even transition my Key group.
- Not confident that it will be
- I will likely be retired from Chairing by then.